Non-residents: frequently asked questions


National Insurance for those abroad Q1: I’ve been in the UK working for less than one year, can I have a refund of my National Insurance contributions? Q2: How much UK Retirement Pension am I entitled to? Q3: What class of voluntary National... more »

Income Tax When Leaving the UK


  • When are you non-resident for UK Income Tax?
  • Contacting HM Revenue & Customs when you leave the UK
  • Income from overseas employment
  • Tax on UK pensions
  • Tax on UK bank and building society interest
  • Tax on UK investment income (except rental income)
  • Tax on UK rental...
 more »